Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Beautiful Things Sunday

It is Sunday and I am going to a con to promote WITCH. However, that doesn't mean I have forgotten about you :D.

I hope you had those beautiful moments to pause in your week. To take a breath, to reflect, to let out a sigh of relief. I hope that if things were moving too slowly, you were able to speed them up. I hope if you had none of that and you were feeling overwhelmed that you had a great glass of wine and a few good friends to cheer you up. If you didn't, I hope you know you are awesome :).

First of all, let's talk about music. 

I finally figured out what I am going to do when my Kickstarter is over. I am going to bring my duvet downstairs, I am going to get my favourite bottle of red wine, a pint of Ben & Jerry's double chocolate fudge brownie, and I am going to play the entirety of the Mass Effect trilogy from start to finish for the fourth time. Mass Effect, I feel, has some of the most haunting music of any video game I've ever played. If only for the times when they use the music to create magic in the narrative they are telling with you.

This is my favourite song:

Have you heard of John Bauer


He was an amazing Swedish illustrator and his work is straight out of fantasy and wonderment. His work is heavily influenced by Swedish nature scenes, but also fairy tales. He drew princesses, princes, mermaids, and trolls. What I love most about his work is how he plays with light and dark. I look at his work and I am inspired to write dark and strange tales, ones that focus on the adventure and not where they story ends up. 


Finally, sometimes adorable things can also be beautiful. If only there was a game where you played a hamster-sized hero who had to protect their home from human invaders and then get rewarded with an most decadent feast, oh wait... There is^^. I just found out about Michtim a few weeks ago and my core rule book came in the mail two days ago. This system is adorable, you can play anything from a cook to a courtesan to a wizard and more! Everything is this book is super kawaii and all the words the little michtims use are super tiny and cute like what a hamster would use. If you want something to make you happy while you play - this is the game for you. I'll be doing a full run-down of this game sometime later, but if you want to see something beautifully adorable, you should really check this game out.

I hope you have a lovely Sunday!

xx
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment