Skip to main content

Visiting a land you have only dreamt about

At the Parthenon! I ended up taking tons of selfies cause my mom could not figure out how to use my phone's camera. Here is a picture of her inadvertently taking a selfie of herself while simultaneously trying to take a picture of me at the Parthenon.


Greece has been on my bucket list for a long time, namely Athens. When a friend of mine (a native Athenian) told me it was a shithole, my enthusiasm was dampened, but the dream was always there.

Athens has always been the place of my dreams. For four years I ran one of my favourite Vampire the Masquerade (VtM) chronicles and the city featured heavily. In the first chapter, not to get too far into a very convoluted plot, the players were recruited by Mithras to go to Greece and stop a crazy-ass circus.

There they roamed the streets, murdered lovers, and lost sanity. The city I dreamt in my mind was wild, vivid, and beautiful. When I finally arrived in Athens it did not disappoint. While the city has been hit hard by the crisis, the street behind our hotel was only filled with graffiti and a lonely sex store, it is an amazing mix of old and new. Any time I can sip a ice coffee, hear live jazzy Christmas music, and stare up at hill with a monument that is over 2000 years old, I am happy.

Here are just a few places I visited that reminded me of the awesome VtM chronicle we had.

Blanca's chest was heavy with the weight of pointless murder. She wanted to breathe, quick and shallow, try to calm herself, drink in the air greedily, hungering, but she could not. The only thing left to do was wash the blood from her hands and hope Ama never found out what she did.


Abigail took two steps forward peering into the darkness. She was a lady, but there was no way she was going to allow some unseen force lurking in the darkness intimidate her. An outline of a bestial woman crawling down the rocks appeared against the moonlight. The woman, dressed in rags, had the eyes of a cat and mouth full of jagged teeth. "Foreigner, leave now, this is not your domain..." she hissed.


The pack stood alone in at the center of the auditorium. The Cainites of Greece stared down at them, waiting to hear their plea. The Prince looked towards his advisers, never had a woman (let alone three) been allowed to speak within his court. Whatever they had to say, it'd better be good. 


No story here, it's just beautiful :) The temple of Zeus.


Comments

  1. Oh intriguing story. Glad you had a great time. Athens is also on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAH that is so awesome! I love the fact that you're getting into stories, it makes everything so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Flower Pattern

Here is another pattern, for the happy flower I made for my co-worker! Enjoy!

***

Happy Flower Amugurumi Pattern

***

Materials= 3 to 4 colours of yarn, safety eyes (or another colour of yarn for the eyes)

Hook = 2.5mm

CH = Chain
SC = Single Crochet
TC= Triple Crochet
ST= Stitch
FO = Finish Off
DEC = Decrease

***

Head
Foundation = Magic ring 6 (if you don’t know what a magic ring is please find a tutorial here. This is the tutroial I learnt from and it is awesome ^_^)
Round 1= 2 SC in each ST around
Round 2= 1 SC in the next ST then SC twice in next ST - do this till end of round
Round 3= 1 SC in the next 2 ST then SC twice in next ST - do this till end of round
Round 4= 1 SC in the next 3 ST then SC twice in next ST - do this till end of round
Rounds 5 -15 = SC around
Round 16= 1 SC in the next 3 ST then DEC - do this till end of round
Round 17= 1 SC in the next 2 ST then DEC - do this till end of round
(This is a good time to add your eyes & stuff the head!)

Body
Round 18= Switch yarn colour …

Beholder Pattern

Here is the patterns for Paul, the Albino Beholder. You can of course, make him a normal ruddy beholder colour if you want (it is your amigurumi :D), but I simp[ly thought the world didn’t have enough happy-go-lucky cute things ;). Also, if you find the 10 eye-stalks too much you can also put less on. (I won’t even get into an intense nerd-debate with you about hoe a beholder actually does need all 10 eyestalks in order to be awesomely magical.)

***

Beholder

***

Materials= I colour of yarn, 1 safety eye, 10 black beads (see below), yarn needle, thread for sewing a mouth

Hook = ((2.5mm)) I am not putting a 'strict' hook size here, because you can basically do this pattern with any size hook & any size yarn. The larger the yarn/hook, the larger your beholder will be. However! This is very important make sure to guage your thread around the black beads that you buy for the eye stalks. My pattern calls for a CH6 around the eye beads and you should check this before you start. If y…

DIY Tutorial - Mini Doll Houses

Recently on my G+ page I have been posting a lot of pictures of these tiny 'doll houses' I have made. Since I have been so busy in my life etc. making these tiny creations has really been a big form of stress relief for me. You can get one done in an evening or two and the result is totally adorable and pleasing.


I first found out about miniature doll houses on the blog Open House Miniatures. They talk about the history and origin of these things, so if you are interested in that please give their blog a look. There is also a tutorial on the blog, but I found it rather confusing, because I wanted to make my own houses rather than the print out provided in the tutorial.


So... I have created this tutorial for you on how to make your own folding doll house! My only request is that when you have finished one please let me see a picture, I think they are so cool.

Materials
Card stockPlain printer paper Clear/white glue (like Elmer's Glue)Scissors Markers, pencils, whatever you wa…