Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Dragon's Tail


Got back from my Mom's yesterday! It was a lot of fun, but sad when I had to leave as I only got to see her for the weekend. I think she is going to come to visit me some time in June though - si it isn't that bad!

Note on crochet hooks on the plane: 'Elf' was right, if they are wooden & plastic it is okay, just not metal. Haha, I wish I read that post before I got there! I only have metal hooks so I couldn't bring it on board :(. Luckily my boyfriend was there to take my hooks home so they didn’t get taken by security.

On to my crochet project! Here is a picture of the tail of the Red Dragon I am working on. Though I am planning on making it very large, I decided to use a 2.5mm crochet hook & (obviously) yarn to fit. I want to get the look of very small scales over the body. So far I am happy with the way it is turning out. I put wire in the pail so that you can move it how you would like etc. Plus it wasn't fitting to have a dragon that can't have its tail wrap around it's body. Any way! I will post more pictures once i get further with the body ^_^.

1 comment:

  1. How interesting! I didn't know metal crochet hooks were not allowed while flying. Very interesting. The dragon tail looks good too btw. Good idea on using a smaller hook to make the stitches look like scales. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete