Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Can you bring crochet needles on a plane?

So I am going to see my Mom this weekend! I am really excited I haven't seen her since I graduated University so it is going to be nice to go home. Plus, I get to see my two dogs & kitties so I am happy! Hopefully all we are going to do when I am there is eat chinese food and veg out on the couch :D. It is going to be so much fun!

But I have a conundrum! Can you bring crochet hooks on the plane? I am only carrying hand baggage onto the plane because I am only going to stay for a weekend & I don't want my hook to be taken away. I have read a few websites and everyone says something different. Then again I read the official website for flying in the states and they said you can bring scissors on the flight as long as the blade is shorted than 4inches... So I would think you can bring a crochet hook too, right?

Any way I am going to ask at the check-in desk when I get to the air port. I will let everyone know how it goes :D!

3 comments:

  1. I think as long as your hooks are plastic or wooden you'll be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with elfdwarf. I have a stash of plastic needles for those iffy situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to most airports, you can bring knitting needles or crochet hooks onto the airplane so long as a project's already started and attached to said hook/needle.

    ReplyDelete